SportsMemo.com
Login:
Click to Use Secure Login
Podcast
NOTICE: If you can not view the forum, you may need to log out of SportsMemo.com and log back in to recreate your forum session.
HOMERECAPRADIOFORUMBLOGSLIVE ODDSBESTBETSHANDICAPPERS TWITTERRSS FEEDFACEBOOKEMAIL & CONTACTS
JOHNNY MANZIEL TALKING TRASH IN THE CFL
Views: 651
Posted by Drew Martin
Replies: 2

And not just with his arm and legs.

On multiple occasions Friday night in Hamilton, the Tiger-Cats' newest quarterback got an earful from Toronto Argonauts defenders. And Manziel gave it right back.

"I'm not here to be pushed over," Manziel said after the game (via The Score). "You can come at me because my name's in the papers, my name's on TV. You can come at me. I'm not backing down. I'm here for a reason. I'm here to play ball. I'm not going to be treated like s---."

Manziel said he learned some valuable lessons Friday while completing 9 of 11 passes for 80 yards and adding 10 yards rushing on two carries.

“Still feeling it out. It's a different game," Manziel said of the adjustment to Canadian football's unique rules and rhythms.

Still, The Score noted, Manziel made plays with his legs, found open receivers on scrambles and showed flashes of why his new coach, June Jones, suggested last year that Manziel will become the best player in CFL history.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news/johnny-manziel-cfl-debu t-hamilton-ticats-tiger-cats-argonauts-trash-talk/1pksrw9zcu lav1kows50o97fce

Reply by Ian Cameron

I find it rather funny that we are seeing all this hype from south of the border TV outlets like ESPN and FS1 surrounding Manziel's move to the CFL without any sort of guarantee that he starts a single game at QB for the Ticats anytime soon as they are slated to roll with Jeremiah Masoli the former Oregon and Ole Miss QB as their #1 to begin the season in Week 1. They could still be waiting a while before they can document Manziel taking a single snap in a CFL regular season game.

Reply by polarcat99

Im with you Ian, but for stateside CFL players, for those guys to be talking about should mean it won't bel long before their televising CFL games. Espn was doing it for a few years but would shit can them once NFLX started.

MLB
Current Blog Topics
Current Blog Topics
SportsMemo Ads
Discussion Forum
-------------------------------------
Post SubjectTime    Last Poster
Another CFB injury this tim...16:29    benfranklinsports
Many Thanks Indeed!11:39    redmon
NFL Preseason (Special Anno...12:15    Drew Martin
How to bet NFL Preseason Po...12:05    watergun12
NBA Season Wins21:06    watergun12
BIG 12 Part 2 Podcast11:35    Drew Martin

Current Blog

-----------SportsMemo-----------

Copyright © 2007 SPORTSMEMO, INC, 1-800-575-3069. Sportsmemo.com is the nation’s premier resource for sports betting and handicapping information. Get free football picks, free NFL picks, free college football picks, free baseball picks, free NBA picks, free college basketball picks, free hockey picks, free golf picks, and free soccer picks from the nation’s top handicappers. Sportsmemo's sports betting insight and analysis comes from some of the most respected sports handicappers in the sports gambling industry including Ted Sevransky (Teddy Covers), Brent Crow of Alatex Sports, Rob Veno, Ian Cameron, and Drew Martin. Listen to these handicapping experts daily on the Sportsmemo Podcast Monday-Friday at Sportsmemo.com.  Missed the Sportsmemo Podcast?  Past shows are available on Sportsmemo.com's podcast archive page. Looking for daily sports betting tips and sports betting advice on the MLB, NBA, NCAA, NFL, NHL, CFL, and PGA? Check out the interactive sports betting posting forum, power ratings, expert handicapping blogs, and original sports betting articles from the Sportsmemo team that specializes in sports information from a pointspread perspective at Sportsmemo.com.   Aug 19, 2018 12:18 PM.