SportsMemo.com
Login:
Click to Use Secure Login
Podcast
NOTICE: If you can not view the forum, you may need to log out of SportsMemo.com and log back in to recreate your forum session.
HOMERECAPRADIOFORUMBLOGSLIVE ODDSBESTBETSHANDICAPPERS TWITTERRSS FEEDFACEBOOKEMAIL & CONTACTS
SATURDAY CFB WEEK 2 IN-GAME DISCUSSION
Views: 4507
Posted by AndrewL
Replies: 52

This most difficult game of the week to handicap: Howard off a win in which it made the front page of ESPN OR Kent State laying -36.5? The markets have spoken; line down to -27.

Reply by AndrewL

In theory -27 is cheap considering UNLV was laying -45 or whatever. No way there's THAT much diff between Rebels/Golden Flashes.

Reply by Teddy_Covers

Early start line movers: $$ for Cincinnati, Michigan down to -32.5 & $$ for Iowa, Cyclones now +3.5 point home dogs. I put a little taste of Iowa State +3.5 in my pocket, fwiw..... Charlotte $$ too, Kansas State down to -33.5; 32.5 at CRIS.....

Reply by Rob_Veno

FAU on the board with long TD pass that was wide open down the sidelines

Reply by Rob_Veno

Tyree Jackson 75 yd option TD run on 3rd down puts Buffalo back on top

Reply by Rob_Veno

Kiffin's crew bows up on 4th & G from the 2 and stuffs Wisky run

Reply by Rob_Veno

Army 4th & short goes for it and runs play action with WR all alone deep down the middle of the field...Bradshaw overthrows him

Reply by Rob_Veno

2 plays later...Buffalo 48 yd post pattern TD...HC Leiopold was on hot seat coming into the season but Bulls playing well a couple games in

Reply by Rob_Veno

Throw in a blocked FG by Buffalo from about 33 yds out

Reply by Ian Cameron

1st Half Recommendation: Hawaii +14.5 (153)

I think we have a good 1st Half spot here for Hawaii as they catch UCLA off that remarkable comeback win last Sunday night against Texas A&M. It's not like UCLA's defense was very good that night giving up 5.1 yards per play. I like the potential for Hawaii's offense this year with QB Dru Brown at the helm.

Reply by AndrewL

All this offseason talk about offense and playing faster. In 6 quarters vs. Southern Miss and Eastern Kentucky, Kentucky is averaging around 29 seconds per snap (that's super slow) and 5 yards per play. They trail Colonels 13-10 at break.

Reply by sissipher

So many teams sleepwalking in the 1st halves this week

Reply by AndrewL

ECU Preseason: Optimistic, we're bound to improve, bounce back year

ECU Week 1: OK, it's only one game. We're rusty. Let's not overreact.

ECU Week 2 halftime: Holy fuck, it's gonna be a long season

Reply by Teddy_Covers

Who played a worse half of football: Charlotte or East Carolina? Hard to choose, Scottie Montgomery's squad 2nd truly hideous showing in a row, markets about to crash on the Pirates....

Reply by Teddy_Covers

Not atypical, sissipher. You spend the whole summer focused on your Week 1 opponent, especially if it's a relatively big game

Reply by sissipher

Teddy_Covers wrote on Sat, 09 September 2017 10:56

Not atypical, sissipher. You spend the whole summer focused on your Week 1 opponent, especially if it's a relatively big game

Agreed. I'm putting a little bit down on Michigan -14 2nd half. Harbaugh and co make good lockeroom adjustments normally.

Reply by Teddy_Covers

Couldn't resist off that showing: Took a taste of Michigan -14 vs Cinci 2nd H, adjusted gameline = Harbaugh's -24

Reply by Ian Cameron

I remember not so fond memories of trying to bet Michigan 2H's Under last year a couple times and it didn't work out too well. The Jim Harbaugh effect...he doesn't mind putting up an extra score/gut punch or two.

Meanwhile, Northwestern's secondary is ravaged with injuries and was made even worse by one of their players in that group being ejected for targeting in the 1st Qtr so there have been plays made by Duke and Daniel Jones in the passing game to exploit it.

Reply by Teddy_Covers

LOL, didn't refresh before I posted, you & I on the same page for this one...

Reply by Ian Cameron

Looked to be on the verge of Louisville taking over proceedings against North Carolina but a kickoff return TD of 90+ yards just changed that. It's back down to a 6 point lead for the Cardinals at 27-21.

Reply by Ian Cameron

Wake leading BC 14-0 in 2nd Qtr. Amazing how a team can look better without a jackass radio analyst being around anymore to give away game plan info to the opposition.

Reply by Ian Cameron

FAU keeps hanging around in Madison as Wisconsin keeps shooting themselves in the foot with penalties and turnovers. Badgers were -34.5 chalk today.

Reply by Ian Cameron

Shane Buechele has been ruled out for Texas against San Jose State with a bruised shoulder. Sam Ehlinger will start at QB for the Horns instead.

Reply by Teddy_Covers

Pretty good looking TD drive for Cinci to open the 2nd H.....(sigh)

Reply by Ian Cameron

Cincinnati had < 100 yards of passing today from Hayden Moore prior to that drive and yet all it took was one QB keeper by Moore on that big run up the gut to get that momentum and confidence rolling for the Bearcats on that drive. Simply amazing really we suddenly have a 3 point game now in the Big House.

Reply by Rob_Veno

Army & Wisky bang in TD's with the running game almost simultaneously...opponents wearing down

Reply by Ian Cameron

I've been mildly impressed with Buffalo through two weeks. Not going overboard with praise yet because I think this has been a bottom tier program for years now and they've been abysmal up till now under Leipold but they hung tough in Minnesota last week and have been giving a solid Army squad a tough go today. Bulls have a shot to be 2-0 ATS and both in the double digit dog role after today.

Reply by sissipher

Teddy_Covers wrote on Sat, 09 September 2017 11:17

Pretty good looking TD drive for Cinci to open the 2nd H.....(sigh)

O'Korn time?

Reply by Teddy_Covers

Iowa not responding well to adversity on the highway, Cyclones have completely taken over the game heading into the 4th Q

Reply by AndrewL

He might not make it to Week 5, but the Montgomery kid for Iowa State is a stud. His YAC today is sick. Cyclones actually look "confident."

Reply by Ian Cameron

I liked the Matt Campbell hire from the start in Ames. Maybe fruits of his labor starting to show.

Reply by Rob_Veno

Army fake punt with 2:20 left in the game goes for first down...in victory formation on 1st down so UB will go to 2-0 ats

Reply by Ian Cameron

My free play write-up posted on the blog this week is getting steamed heavily. Tulane opened +14 against Navy and is now all the way down to +8 in a lot of shops. However, that doesn't cash any tickets but clearly there is some significant late Green Wave support in that battle of mirror images.

Reply by Rob_Veno

DJ Durkin's Terps impressive again...had to go to Kasim Hill at QB this week with Pigrom lost to injury and the offense has gone crazy again...Sure it's only Towson but credit them for not coming out lackadasical vs FCS ...They're in that Big 10 East which is brutal and they're not going to win it but Ty Johnson's proving he was no fluke last year (only 26.4 per carry today) and he makes that offense tough to defend...they have 7 TD's over 20 yards today (1 is an int ret)...which gives them 11 in 2 weeks (9 off / 2 def)...pretty explosive numbers

Reply by Ian Cameron

I also thought Kasim Hill played quite well against Texas last week coming in cold off the bench after Pigrome went down to that injury in 4th Qtr. He didn't flinch or crack under pressure of playing in his first College Football game on the road in a close game at the time and he moved the ball. Durkin may indeed have a very solid option at QB on his hands there.

Reply by Ian Cameron

I picked off a stray Over 62 at 5Dimes this morning in the UT Martin/Ole Miss game and that one is a winner currently 45-23 Ole Miss. Rebels have Over machine written all over them this season IMO. Defense still a bit suspect but Shea Patterson and that blazing tempo Ole Miss offense have got it going on so far through two games.

Reply by Ian Cameron

Louisville just too much Lamar Jackson and offense in general for a struggling North Carolina stop unit in the second half and they have broken the game wide open leading 47-28 in the 4th. Tar Heels defense has been swiss cheese through two games against Cal and Louisville.

Reply by Teddy_Covers

Hawkeyes ended up responding pretty darn well; worth noting for future road tilts......

Rutgers D vs Eastern Michigan on this first drive looks like Rutgers D vs just about everybody L few years: a frickin sieve......

Reply by Ian Cameron

I was wondering coming into today "Are Kansas and Rutgers ready to be laying more than a FG against anyone?"

Both programs slowly showing signs of light at the end of the long and dark tunnel but both of those squads currently trailing to Central Michigan and Eastern Michigan respectively. Personally for me, I wasn't ready to spot any points with either one.

Reply by sissipher

grabbed a piece of Kansas Over 27.5 2nd half. Adjusted line 57.5. Both teams started to move the ball pretty easily in the 2nd quarter.

Reply by AndrewL

sissipher wrote on Sat, 09 September 2017 15:10

grabbed a piece of Kansas Over 27.5 2nd half. Adjusted line 57.5. Both teams started to move the ball pretty easily in the 2nd quarter.

I mean both teams have left, what, 20 points on the board??? And 2nd half and game STILL went over. The play calling inside the 10 is dart board-esque.

Reply by AndrewL

UNLV....ballin!

Reply by fsutomahawk

Ohio State up 3-0, but offense looks sluggish coming out of the gates for the second week in a row now.

Reply by fsutomahawk

AndrewL wrote on Sat, 09 September 2017 17:03

UNLV....ballin!

Howard goes on the road and only loses by 7 to Kent State. After knocking off UNLV last week, and another solid performance, maybe its time to majorly adjust the Howard power rating.

Reply by fsutomahawk

Goodwin with a tremendous catch for Georgia to tie it up 10-10 in South Bend. Most entertaining of the big games tonight by far.

Reply by AndrewL

fsutomahawk wrote on Sat, 09 September 2017 17:50

UNLV....ballin!

Howard goes on the road and only loses by 7 to Kent State. After knocking off UNLV last week, and another solid performance, maybe its time to majorly adjust the Howard power rating.

that's sorta the luxury with those FCS vs. FBA games...they just grabbing Sagarin #'s.

Reply by sissipher

UNLV....ballin!

33-10 going into the 4th, UNLV...REBELS

Reply by redmon

Why is wash ST dropping so fast.

Reply by Ian Cameron

CFB 2H Recommendation:
Baylor Over 24 -115 (352) (adjusted total: 38)

Reply by Rob_Veno

My only thought on Wazzou would be that the move was a little strong...my power ratings had -7...game opened 7.5 and tore ass up to -10.5...possible setup? +8 & +10 & +10.5 are some solid numbers to be holding...Boise didn't show enough offensively in Wk #1 but we'll see if Leach's pressure eats up Rypien or if Harsin has a nice game plan to combat it

Reply by Rob_Veno

Oklahoma State right now praying OU can hang on...Cowboys non-conference schedule sucks and with 9 games in this year's Big XII...could be that only OU and TCU are games that can help them if they want to get into the Playoff

Reply by Rob_Veno

By the time we wake up tomorrow...Ty Detmer will have been fired or he'll have resigned

Reply by Rob_Veno

Great defensive play by Boise to get that pick

MLB
Current Blog Topics
Current Blog Topics
SportsMemo Ads
Discussion Forum
-------------------------------------
Post SubjectTime    Last Poster
New gambling laws could res...15:43    Drew Martin
Players unions concerned ab...08:41    Drew Martin
LeBron means about 25 perce...08:11    Drew Martin
James Paxton exits start wi...08:50    Drew Martin
MLB Free Bet from Teddy Covers11:06    Drew Martin
CFL Podcast11:00    Drew Martin

Current Blog

-----------SportsMemo-----------

Copyright © 2007 SPORTSMEMO, INC, 1-800-575-3069. Sportsmemo.com is the nation’s premier resource for sports betting and handicapping information. Get free football picks, free NFL picks, free college football picks, free baseball picks, free NBA picks, free college basketball picks, free hockey picks, free golf picks, and free soccer picks from the nation’s top handicappers. Sportsmemo's sports betting insight and analysis comes from some of the most respected sports handicappers in the sports gambling industry including Ted Sevransky (Teddy Covers), Brent Crow of Alatex Sports, Rob Veno, Erin Rynning, Otto Sports, Andrew Lange, Ian Cameron, and Drew Martin. Listen to these handicapping experts daily on the Sportsmemo Podcast Monday-Friday at Sportsmemo.com.  Missed the Sportsmemo Podcast?  Past shows are available on Sportsmemo.com's podcast archive page. Looking for daily sports betting tips and sports betting advice on the MLB, NBA, NCAA, NFL, NHL, CFL, and PGA? Check out the interactive sports betting posting forum, power ratings, expert handicapping blogs, and original sports betting articles from the Sportsmemo team that specializes in sports information from a pointspread perspective at Sportsmemo.com.   Jul 19, 2018 09:48 PM.