SportsMemo.com
Login:
Click to Use Secure Login
Podcast
NOTICE: If you can not view the forum, you may need to log out of SportsMemo.com and log back in to recreate your forum session.
HOMERECAPRADIOFORUMBLOGSLIVE ODDSBESTBETSHANDICAPPERS TWITTERRSS FEEDFACEBOOKEMAIL & CONTACTS
WALTERS'S WIN STREAK ENDS WITH INSIDER-TRADING CONVICTION
Views: 17124
Posted by Drew Martin
Replies: 1

Billy Walters just lost his largest wager ever -- and this time, it’s likely to cost him much more than cash.

Widely considered the nation’s most successful sports gambler, Walters was convicted Friday in the highest-profile -- and most colorful -- insider-trading trial in years. Testimony featured golfer Phil Mickelson and billionaire investor Carl Icahn, as well as a seamy world of gambling debts, stock tips delivered on burner phones and charity money used for prostitutes.

"If I would have made a bet I would have lost," Walters told reporters as he left court. "I just did lose the biggest bet of my life. Frankly I’m in shock."
“Billy Walters lost his bet that he could cheat the securities market on a massive scale,” acting Manhattan U.S. Attorney, Joon H. Kim, said in a statement. “Walters underestimated law enforcement’s resolve to pursue and catch those who cheat the market.”

Unless he’s successful on appeal, Walters will be forced to walk away from Las Vegas businesses that include golf courses, auto dealerships and car-rental agencies, with total revenue of $500 million in 2013, according to testimony from his company’s controller. Walters, who didn’t testify at the trial in Manhattan federal court, has said he owns seven homes and a $20 million jet.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-04-07/billy-wal ters-win-streak-ends-with-insider-trading-conviction

Reply by Drew Martin

Interesting how he walked the line with sports betting his whole life, but gets drilled with the legality of investing in the stock market.

MLB
Current Blog Topics
Current Blog Topics
SportsMemo Ads
Discussion Forum
-------------------------------------
Post SubjectTime    Last Poster
NFL Preseason (Special Anno...12:15    Drew Martin
How to bet NFL Preseason Po...12:05    watergun12
NBA Season Wins21:06    watergun12
BIG 12 Part 2 Podcast11:35    Drew Martin
Mybet to file for insolvency08:37    Drew Martin
S Miss suddenly has no QB06:53    Drew Martin

Current Blog

-----------SportsMemo-----------

Copyright © 2007 SPORTSMEMO, INC, 1-800-575-3069. Sportsmemo.com is the nation’s premier resource for sports betting and handicapping information. Get free football picks, free NFL picks, free college football picks, free baseball picks, free NBA picks, free college basketball picks, free hockey picks, free golf picks, and free soccer picks from the nation’s top handicappers. Sportsmemo's sports betting insight and analysis comes from some of the most respected sports handicappers in the sports gambling industry including Ted Sevransky (Teddy Covers), Brent Crow of Alatex Sports, Rob Veno, Ian Cameron, and Drew Martin. Listen to these handicapping experts daily on the Sportsmemo Podcast Monday-Friday at Sportsmemo.com.  Missed the Sportsmemo Podcast?  Past shows are available on Sportsmemo.com's podcast archive page. Looking for daily sports betting tips and sports betting advice on the MLB, NBA, NCAA, NFL, NHL, CFL, and PGA? Check out the interactive sports betting posting forum, power ratings, expert handicapping blogs, and original sports betting articles from the Sportsmemo team that specializes in sports information from a pointspread perspective at Sportsmemo.com.   Aug 16, 2018 05:08 PM.