SportsMemo.com
Login:
Click to Use Secure Login
Podcast
NOTICE: If you can not view the forum, you may need to log out of SportsMemo.com and log back in to recreate your forum session.
HOMERECAPRADIOFORUMBLOGSLIVE ODDSBESTBETSHANDICAPPERS TWITTERRSS FEEDFACEBOOKEMAIL & CONTACTS
LIVE BETTING
Views: 1228
Posted by watergun12
Replies: 1

hey all i'm new to live betting have tried a bunch in the last few weeks or so and mixed results. i've doubled down on a side that i was on when they got behind early
and it paid off a few tiems and sometimes it didn't pay off! tonight i took the astros right after the first pitch hr from Turner and got some good odds.
my questions are, how have any of fared on this?
Can you literally take a side say while down a few scores
then they tie it up or even take the lead and then take the other side with a guaranteed middle?? or does the offshore sites not let you do that??
i remember a game where i had in football i took a team down 20 that i felt comfortable with coming back and get outstanding odds then they took the lead by 10 and the odds were flipped and was considering betting the other side in case they came back but i passed. would it have worked?

feedback appreciated

Reply by AndrewL

watergun12 wrote on Tue, 24 October 2017 18:21

hey all i'm new to live betting have tried a bunch in the last few weeks or so and mixed results. i've doubled down on a side that i was on when they got behind early
and it paid off a few tiems and sometimes it didn't pay off! tonight i took the astros right after the first pitch hr from Turner and got some good odds.
my questions are, how have any of fared on this?
Can you literally take a side say while down a few scores
then they tie it up or even take the lead and then take the other side with a guaranteed middle?? or does the offshore sites not let you do that??
i remember a game where i had in football i took a team down 20 that i felt comfortable with coming back and get outstanding odds then they took the lead by 10 and the odds were flipped and was considering betting the other side in case they came back but i passed. would it have worked?

feedback appreciated

live betting can at times seems "easier" than game betting but over the long term, if you are a bad game bettor, you're likely to be a bad live bettor as well. the allure is exactly what you are taking about -- big favorite falls behind, you get good odds, they come back to win, easy money. but for every instance like that there are just as many that fall flat. and depending on what software/shop you use, you have to be lightning quick as numbers/juice are in constant motion. you end up with a lot of -120/-125 bets which puts even more pressure on you to win at a higher pct. and a lot of shops also deal 30 or 40 cent live lines. in mlb, the best way i've found is to bet the preferred team a half inning prior -- say 7, 8, 9 is coming up, a likely 1-2-3 inning. Bet them before they go out on defense because you'll obviously see line jump if your projected scoreless inning comes to fruition. cbb, obviously looking for scoring droughts or a timeout to break up a wave of basket trading. cfb, slow starts on high totaled games, again, anticipating a scoring drive as once a team is in FG range, they start adjusting the number.

MLB
Current Blog Topics
Current Blog Topics
SportsMemo Ads
Discussion Forum
-------------------------------------
Post SubjectTime    Last Poster
Paddy Power Betfair Purchas...09:16    Drew Martin
Innovation, worth backing t...13:29    Drew Martin
MLB Tuesday Podcast10:18    Drew Martin
Mike D'Antoni: Rockets ...12:16    Drew Martin
MLB Betting Profiles11:39    AndrewL

Current Blog

-----------SportsMemo-----------

Copyright © 2007 SPORTSMEMO, INC, 1-800-575-3069. Sportsmemo.com is the nation’s premier resource for sports betting and handicapping information. Get free football picks, free NFL picks, free college football picks, free baseball picks, free NBA picks, free college basketball picks, free hockey picks, free golf picks, and free soccer picks from the nation’s top handicappers. Sportsmemo's sports betting insight and analysis comes from some of the most respected sports handicappers in the sports gambling industry including Ted Sevransky (Teddy Covers), Brent Crow of Alatex Sports, Rob Veno, Erin Rynning, Otto Sports, Andrew Lange, Ian Cameron, and Drew Martin. Listen to these handicapping experts daily on the Sportsmemo Podcast Monday-Friday at Sportsmemo.com.  Missed the Sportsmemo Podcast?  Past shows are available on Sportsmemo.com's podcast archive page. Looking for daily sports betting tips and sports betting advice on the MLB, NBA, NCAA, NFL, NHL, CFL, and PGA? Check out the interactive sports betting posting forum, power ratings, expert handicapping blogs, and original sports betting articles from the Sportsmemo team that specializes in sports information from a pointspread perspective at Sportsmemo.com.   May 23, 2018 05:40 PM.